Drop down menu
Vicente Antúnez Trigo was born in Badajoz on August 15, 1938. He has been a Social Educator at the Municipal Institute of Social Services of the Badajoz City Council; He has carried out important work in the field of archeology and caving as a researcher, collaborator and founder of various research groups and teams (HACE, CEPA, CAPE). From the artistic point of view Antúnez is self-taught; his work connects directly with abstraction and with the oldest roots of surrealism, which inevitably refer to the dream world of El Bosco and, more recently, as a more immediate precedent, to Leger's “tubismo” and, especially, to Dalí's surrealism. His drawings are characterized by meticulousness and technical precision, to which Antúnez transfers his dream visions and his fantastic obsessions, within the greatest freedom that an artist can enjoy, guided only by his overflowing imagination and apart from any logical consideration. or rational. His fantasy and creativity are translated into disturbing forms, which disconcert the spirit of the viewer, so that it is not possible to remain insensitive to Antúnez's compositions. Antúnez recognizes his inclination towards El Bosco and Dürer among the classics and Tapies among contemporaries, he almost always disregards color and describes his painting as "experiences, projections of the subconscious through the pencil" (TODAY, September 2, 1989 ).
Since 1989 Antúnez has held various exhibitions. At least the following are worth mentioning:
• 1962: Individual. BIER Gallery. German Federal Republic.
• 1989: Individual. Portuguese Society of Authors. Antonio Giáo Museum. Reguengos, from Monsaraz. Portugal.
• 1990: Individual. Caja Badajoz Exhibition Hall. Badajoz.
• 1991: Individual. Caja Badajoz Exhibition Hall. Merida.
• 1992: Individual. Exhibition Hall of the Palacio de la Conquista. Trujillo.
• 1993: Individual. Caja Madrid Exhibition Hall. Madrid.
• 1989: Collective. Selected at the European Meetings of Contemporary Painting and Drawing. Palace of the Popes. Avignon. France.
• 1989: Collective. Selected at the International Art Competition in New York. USA from America.
• 1990: Collective. Selected by the D'Arte Moderna Gallery in Ravenna. Italy.
• 1990: Collective. Selected in the "Ciudad de Sagunto" Painting and Drawing Contest. Culture Room of the Hon. Sagunto City Council (Valencia).
• 1990: Collective. Selected for the "Antonio del Rincón" National Drawing Prize. Palace of the Excma. Provincial Deputation of Guadalajara.
• 1990: Collective. Selected for the "Penagos" International Drawing Prize. Exhibition Hall of the Mapfre Vida Cultural Foundation. Madrid.
• 1991: Collective. Selected in the "Ciudad de Tomelloso" Painting and Drawing Contest. Tomelloso Municipal Culture Hall. Real city.
• 1992: Collective. Selected at the XLI Autumn Exhibition. Royal Academy of Fine Arts of Saint Elizabeth of Hungary and Royal Master of Cavalry of Seville. Convent of Santa Inés. Sey i II, i.
• 1994: Collective. Selected in the Andalusian Fine Arts Contest. Painting competition. Hon. Athenaeum of Seville. Zurbarán Room. Seville.
• 1994: Collective. Selected in the III National Drawing Contest. Gregorio Prieto Foundation Museum. Valdepeñas. Real city.
• 1995: Collective. Selected in the IV International Painting Contest. University of Extremadura. Culture Room of the Junta de Extremadura. Badajoz.
• 2001: Collective. Acquisitions and Donations 2000. Provincial Museum of Fine Arts of Badajoz. Showroom. Badajoz.
Antúnez has works in the BBA Museum. de Badajoz, Museum of the Royal Academy of Fine Arts of San Fernando de Madrid, Portuguese Museum of Antonio Giáo, French Museum of the Palace of the Popes of Avignon, funds of the Palace of the Conquest of Trujillo, Caja Madrid and Caja Badajoz, and private collections in France, Portugal, Lima (Peru), Seville, Trujillo and Badajoz.
In 2009 Vicente Antúnez Trigo was included in the Spanish Biographical Dictionary.
|Participation Date:||March 30 2020|